Hello Cup - Double Up - XS/Teen + S/M
Described as being 'bloody brilliant', the New Zealand made Hello Cup is soft, super smooth, and fully recyclable at the end of it's life. The XS/Teen and S/M Double Up is a great starter pack for young women taking the leap into using menstrual cups!
- The XS/Teen cup is perfectly sized for younger women, especially those going through puberty and exploring menstrual hygiene options.
- The S/M size is generally recommended for women under 35 or who have not had children, however, this is only a guide.
- Ideal for wearing swimming, playing sports, traveling and can also be worn overnight.
- Can be worn for up to 12 hours (best changed every 8 hours on heavier days).
- Won't cause vaginal dryness.
- Hygienic, easy to clean and disinfect.
- Made from top-of-the-line medical-grade thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) plastic from Germany.
- Eco-friendly and zero waste.
- Each cup will last for many years, saving you money - your cup will pay for itself after 3/4 periods.
- Can be recycled at the end of it's life.
- The XS/Teen holds 17.5ml and the S/M holds 21mls (to the holes).
- The diameter of the XS/Teen is 38mm and the overall length, including the toggle, is 57mm.
- The diameter of the S/M is 41mm and the overall length, including the toggle, is 59mm.
- Each Hello Cup comes in a recyclable cardboard tube, drawstring storage bag and instructions for use and care.
HOW TO USE
The thought of inserting a menstrual cup can be daunting, but don't worry, you'll soon get the hang of it.
There are several ways to fold a menstrual cup, however Hello recommends the Shallow Punchdown Fold. Check out the video below to show you!
The key is to make sure is that the 'punch' doesn’t go all the way to the bottom of the cup, hence the 'shallow punchdown'. Once you’ve nailed the fold, insert your Hello Cup. Once it pops open, give it a gentle tug to help it form a seal and you’re good to go. If it’s in correctly and the right size, you shouldn’t get any leakage and it should not feel uncomfortable.
HOW TO CLEAN
To remove your Hello Cup, feel for the base of the cup (not the stem) - the little ridges will help you find the base. Give the cup a gentle squeeze to break the seal and pull down slowly. Once it’s out, simply tip the contents down the loo, rinse (or wipe if there’s no tap handy) and reinsert.
Once your period is over, sterilise your Hello Cup boil in a pot of water on the stove for three minutes (don’t let the bottom touch the bottom of the pan though!) OR you can sterilise using Tri Nature's Sanitiser - simply dilute 5ml (teaspoon) per 500ml water. Soak for a minimum of 60min.