Lunette Menstrual Cup - Model 2 - Clear
Ranked as the best menstrual cup in Australia, the Lunette Menstrual Cup Model 2 is designed for mums, and those with a heavier flow.
Model 2 is made from soft, pliable medical grade silicone, slightly firmer than model 1. Model 2 is best for normal to heavy flow.
Normal flow is considered to be up to 80ml during your entire period. More than this is considered heavy flow. Lunette cups have measuring lines if you wish to keep track of your flow.
- The extra soft silicone means Model 1 is suitable for use from the onset of menstruation during puberty.
- Take time to practice inserting the cup, and the shower is a great private space for this.
- Can be worn for up to 12 hours, including overnight.
- Suitable for wearing whilst playing sports or swimming.
- The Model 2 measures 52mm in diameter, 20mm stem length and holds 30ml.
- Measuring lines on Model 2 are at 7.5ml and 15ml.
- Comes with detailed instructions for use and care of your Lunette.
- Made from BPA free medical grade silicone.
- Latex free.
- Made in Finland.
HOW TO USE
The thought of inserting a menstrual cup can be daunting, but don't worry, you'll soon get the hang of it.
There are several ways to fold a menstrual cup to ensure easy insertion and a good fit. Lunette recommends three fold types. Check out the instructional video below to learn how to master your fold of choice.
- Punch Down Fold
- Triangle Fold
HOW TO CLEAN
To remove your Lunfettered Cup, feel for the base of the cup (not the stem). Give the cup a gentle squeeze to break the seal and pull down slowly on the stem. Once it’s out, simply tip the contents down the loo, rinse (or wipe if there’s no tap handy) and reinsert.
Once your period is over, sterilise your Lunette Cup boil in a pot of water on the stove for three minutes (don’t let the bottom touch the bottom of the pan though!) OR you can sterilise using Tri Nature's Sanitiser - simply dilute 5ml (teaspoon) per 500ml water. Soak for a minimum of 60min.